Joint pain refers to discomfort or soreness in the joints, which can be caused by various factors such as injury, inflammation, arthritis, or overuse. It is a common condition that many people experience at some point in their lives. Joint pain can affect any joint in the body, including the knees, hips, shoulders, and wrists. It can range from mild to severe and may be accompanied by swelling, stiffness, or limited range of motion. While joint pain is more commonly associated with older adults, it can occur in people of all ages. Proper diagnosis and treatment are important for managing joints and improving quality of life. In this article we will discuss its causes and its possible treatments.
What are joints and how joint pain occur?
Joints are the connections between bones in our body that allow for movement and flexibility. They are responsible for enabling us to bend, twist, and perform various physical activities. Joints are crucial for our daily movements and play a vital role in our overall mobility and functionality. Joint pain affect mostly knee, shoulder, elbow and hip joints. It can also affect small joints like wrist and ankles as well.
Do you know causes joint pain? Joint pain can be caused by various factors including:
What is Arthritis? Why it cause pain?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain in the joints. It can affect people of all ages and has different types, such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis can make it difficult to perform daily activities and can have a significant impact on quality of life. Arthritis is commonly affecting a third population of America and increasing with population size. Arthritis isn’t a singular disease but rather a term that encompasses more than 100 different joint conditions. It’s symptom include joint pain, inflammation, decrease joint motion and stiffness. Rheumatoid arthritis is common type of arthritis.
Possible treatment options
There are many treatments options available which are commonly used for reducing joint pain. Following are some of the common treatment options:
- Home remedies: Due to lack of awareness many people try home remedies to treat their joint pain which can sometimes sweats the conditions. Commonly people used cold and hot packs, massage and consuming turmeric milk etc.
- OTC medication: Most of the people use over the counter medicine to reduce their pain like paracetamol, ibuprofen and other painkillers.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy is the best treatment for reducing joint pain and improving joint health. It increases physical activity and reducing stiffness and limitations.
- Red light therapy: Red light therapy is a noninvasive save treatment option with its multiple benefits including reducing pain, inflammation, stiffness and improves overall health. You can also use red light therapy portable devices at home.
According to research
Red light therapy shows proven result in reducing pain and inflammation of the joint. It also help with arthritis pain.
- Red light therapy has shown promising results in relieving pain and disability associated with degenerative osteoarthritis of the knee. In a clinical study, patients treated with red and infrared light experienced a significant reduction in pain, while the placebo group did not. This research supports the effectiveness of red light therapy for osteoarthritis pain.
- In another clinical trial in 2018, patients with acute ankle sprains received red light therapy from LED devices for six days. After just three days, they reported significantly less ankle pain compared to the placebo group. The researchers concluded that red light therapy is effective for reducing pain and edema in the initial phase of ankle sprains. It’s exciting to see the potential benefits of red light therapy in managing pain and promoting healing.
- A study conducting in 2006 which shows that infrared and near infrared light can improve pain scores, particularly for chronic lower back pain.
How red light therapy works?
If you are a new one and don’t know much about red light therapy, you can read the article this article to know how it’s works.
However, we tell you shortly here, how red light works. Red light therapy with specific wavelengths act by absorbing into skin stimulates the energy production in the cell, causes increased cellular activity, increase blood flow thus reduce pain and inflammation.
Other benefits of Red light therapy
Red light therapy has numerous benefits that’s why people are using red light therapy commonly for variety of conditions. Some benefits are described below.
- Skin rejuvenation
- Improves sleep
- Improves circadian rhythm
- Reduce weight loss
- Help in hair growth
- Used in tanning salon
- Red light therapy for horses
- Red light therapy for dog
- Stretch marks
- pain and inflammation
- Improves vision
- Reduce acne and scars
- Reduce pigmentation
- Improves blood flow and healing
How to use red light therapy?
Red light therapy becomes a well known therapy. You can use it on your own home. Now many red light therapy portable devices are available which are easy to use and handle.
It is also used commercially by doctors, spa and saloons, gyms and trainer and also by other health professionals.
Is it safe to use red light therapy?
Red light therapy devices are quick, easy and safe to use. Research shows that it has no side effects. Many health professional and doctors used this as because it’s drug free and non-invasive procedure.